Lucknow: Since the formation of Yogi Government in Uttar Pradesh on 20 March 2017 i.e. between 10 July 2020, the UP Police has done a total of 6126 encounters.
As part of the new CM Yogi Adityanath’s policy of “wholesale two”, 122 criminals were also killed. At the same time, a total of 13 police personnel were also martyred including the Chaubepur encounter in Kanpur.
During the encounter, 2293 criminals were shot and injured. Under Yogi Raj’s “Operation Clean”, the UP Police encounters 126 criminals, including Vikas Dubey and the gang.
894 policemen were also injured during the encounter, while 13 were killed.
Where are the most encounters?
The fear of the Yogi Govt’s “wholesale two” policy (Encounter) has been severely wreaked havoc on criminals in Meerut and Agra.
The police have arrested 3792 criminals in a total of 2070 encounters so far in Meerut. Of these, 1159 were shot and injured, while 59 were killed by the police.
This was followed by 1422 encounters in Agra. In which 11 criminals were killed. During this period, 3693 criminals were arrested. While 134 were injured by bullet injuries. other than this;
- In Prayagraj, 492 criminals were arrested in 245 encounters, while five were killed.
- Similarly, 1940 criminals were arrested in 879 Encounters in Bareilly.
- In Gorakhpur, in 196 encounters, 462 criminals were caught and four were killed.
- 828 criminals were arrested and 8 were killed in 419 encounters in Kanpur.
- 580 criminals arrested and 9 killed in 227 encounters in Lucknow. At the same time, 65 were arrested and two died in 30 encounters in Lucknow Commissionerate.
- During the 379 encounter in Varanasi, 792 criminals were arrested and 11 were killed in the encounter.
- In 259 encounters in Gautam Budh Nagar (Noida) Commissionerate, 717 were arrested and 6 criminals were killed.