Mumbai: Ahead of Vidya Balan starrer drama ‘Sherni’ release, Amazon Prime Video released a special song ‘Main Sherni’.
In this, some unique personalities will be seen with Vidya Balan. Celebrating the stories of struggle, this special soundtrack has been sung by singers Akasa and Raftaar.
The track salutes the courage of these lionesses. Appreciates those who have defeated all their odds and have carved a niche for themselves by rejecting the old beliefs. With Vidya Balan in the music video;
- Mira Erda (F4 Racer and Driver Coach),
- Natasha Noel (Body Positivity Influencer and Yoga Trainer),
- Ishna Kutty (Social Media Influencer and Hula-Hoop Dancer),
- Trinetra Haldar (one of the first transgender doctor from Karnataka),
- Jayshree Mane (a front line warrior of BYL Nair Hospital),
- Riddhi Arya (a student who distributes food to Frontline Warriors),
- Anita Devi (Security Guard),
- Seema Duggal (teacher) and
- Archana Jadav (House Help) will be seen.
Composed by Utkarsh Dhotekar, ‘Main Sherni’ is written by Raghav. The song will be live from June 15 on all music platforms – Amazon Prime Music, Spotify, Gaana, Saavn, Wink etc.
Vidya Balan, the lead actress of movie Sherni says, “music video ‘Main Sherni’ is our tribute to all the women across the world who have an indomitable spirit to never give up. Lioness is special to all of us and with this film and music video, we are celebrating those women who have shown us that there is nothing a woman cannot do.”
Vidya Balan further adds, “Like my character Vidya Vincent in the film, we want to show that women are fearless and powerful.. and you don’t need to roar to be a tigress. This is the feeling we captured in this song. Prime members in India and over 240 countries and territories can stream The Lioness exclusively on Amazon Prime Video starting June 18.”