Cyber thugs duped a Dehradun girl of lakhs of rupees in the name of investing in crypto currency. The thugs had sent a message to the woman from an international number. After which the woman got trapped in the trap of thugs and after investing lakhs became a victim of fraud. Cyber police station has registered fraud case after investigation in the matter.
Mansi resident Aman Vihar, Niranjanpur had given Tahrir in the police station regarding the matter. According to Mansi’s Tahrir, on April 12, a message was received on her number from a foreign number. It was said in the message that he invests in crypto currency. After this the thugs sent a link to the woman. When the woman clicked on the link, she joined a group on Telegram.
In the group of Telegram, the woman was lured to earn big money. The woman put two thousand rupees, in return the woman got back the first three thousand rupees. After which the thugs won Mansi’s trust. After this Mansi invested lakhs of rupees.
After investing lakhs of rupees, as soon as Mansi wanted to withdraw the money, the thugs asked her to deposit two lakh more rupees. On this, Mansi deposited a total of Rs 5.17 lakh in different transactions. Even after this, the thugs demanded more money from Mansi. Mansi realized that she had become a victim of cyber fraud. After which the girl gave a complaint in the police station regarding the matter.
Tips to avoid cyber fraud
- Block and report any unknown number on social media offering any investment scheme.
- Do not share screenshots of your transactional internet activity with anyone.
- Be a little wary of any investment scam with a project manager, teacher or trainer.
- Avoid investing in any plan based on internet calls.
- Always verify the company scheme through physical verification and never trust the screenshots sent by criminals.